Wednesday, January 26, 2011

It's for me, you are along for the ride...

"Don't post anything again till you have something funny to say", I think to myself.
"But, I'm not in a funny mood," I reply.
The blog isn't here to be funny, it's here to be real and to be therapy and to give me a vent. Here is where I am today.
I can't get my hands hydrated. They are dry and thirsty. Dead, dry pieces around my nails snag on things. I become more frustrated with them than usual. I think my hands are so unladylike. I know God made them this way, and I know I am thankful to have them, but at times I yearn for more feminine looking hands. Gentle, beautiful hands. And now I can't even keep the skin that covers them from going scaly, blotchy white all over. I smother lotions of all kinds. If it smells good I know it probably isn't healing. The best stuff is hard to rub fully in and does leave a greasy film. I may get it healed up only to find the next day it looks as if I didn't do anything. I smother more on. I rub it in, cut off the dead skin, rub in more. Sometimes I smell good but need more. Sometimes I'm greasy but healing. Sometimes I am weary from trying and watch the skin shrivel further and I have old lady hands.
I see it. The drying up of my soul I am feeling. I have to oil it up each day. I can make it smell good and make it's texture unoffensive and I won't heal. The dried edges are snagging on trials and frustrations. It ages me.
I rub in more lotions.
I smell like Jasmine.
I get the "good" stuff and now I smell like nothing and am slimy for awhile. I heal. Texture is restored.
Everyday. The battle for solidness is everyday. It's OK for others to know I am struggling and I don't have to treat the surface for anyone.
Someday I will feel like being funny again. And I will type it. Oh how I will type it. Peppered with my beloved sarcasm it will flow.
I rub in more lotion.

1 comment:

  1. What happened to me is that I read what others post on their blogs and feel that what I have to share is woefully inadequate, be it funny, poignant or anything in between. Recently I, too, came to the realization that sharing my heart is ultimately for my own benefit more than others.

    Do post, no matter how things are going. I am here and I SEE you.

    All is grace, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete