Saturday, January 15, 2011

Dear Lizzie... (9)

Dear Lizzie,
Wow. The house deconstruction continues to be quite interesting.  Now trying to figure out what was done by you and Frank and what was done by Melton D. is quite the guessing game.  We have the kitchen gutted now, and it looks the most like it did for you in years. I wish I could see the kinds of things you cooked in that kitchen. So, we finished taking out that wall I was telling you about.  We could then see under the kitchen floor through a hole.  Do you know what we found?  At least three dead cats.  Maybe there are more, there are several loose bones.  Now, I could understand the dead cats under the house, but one is wrapped in either leather or canvas.  Who wrapped up the cat and left it there? There seem to be more mysteries than answers as we cut deeper into the recesses of the house.  I feel like I need to be writing things down so my kids and future generations understand the things I do.
I never realized how interesting this process would be.  I never stop thinking of all that has taken place inside those walls.
Yours truly,
Charity

1 comment: