Friday, January 21, 2011

"I lift my eyes to the hills...where does my help come from?"
Oh, except there are no hills here.
Some Flint a ways away...
For some this may seem as if help isn't coming. I think for me it means my eyes must stop hesitating at the point where the hills should or could be, and travel straight up to the heavens.
 Bright, warm, life giving sun during the day.
 Vast, inky speckled with dots of brilliance at night.
Too large to know.
Always there.
Not changing for anyone.
 Sustaining life.
You can build a city or a fortress on a hill. An army can dramatically arrive over the top of a hill and swoop in for the rescue.
Me? I'm pretty excited that ultimately my help, my rescue, will come thundering down from the vast expanse that only my eyes know.
Hills beneficial, but not required.

0 comments:

Post a Comment