Friday, June 3, 2011

Five Minutes About Every Day...

Today for the first time I am linking with gypsy mama to try my hand at Five Minute Fridays. Todays topic is, "Every Day."







Deep breath, here goes:


Every day I twist my body off the bed and put my feet to the floor. I have the previous days challenges and stresses right at hand usually. My thoughts are on God, getting my work out done, and how soon the kids will wake up. 





Every day I have high hopes for getting it right and overcoming the bad, the done wrong. Every day I hope I make God happy more and sad less.


Every day I want to love my kids better, be a better wife, and be productive and useful.


But, every day the doubt, guilt, and frustration take their toll and have their hand at pasting me down.


This life, this existence, it's an every day battle to believe The Book more and the deceiver less. Each day we can live like we believe gospel happened, and not just for a few, but for us!


Every day there is a song in my soul. The sounds, rhythm, strains, and volume changes. Sometimes my soul weeps, sometimes it sings, sometimes it whispers.


And every day I know that God, in His grace, might give me another chance to breath the air of the earth and try again...


And done.

4 comments:

  1. Great job on your first Five Minute Friday post! I hope you'll stick with them. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to Five Minute Fridays! Enjoyed your post today... very encouraging. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Great job on your first post! I felt like you wrote the words I feel every day, too--to be a better mom, please God more instead of less, and to get rid of all the guilt.

    Thank you for your post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH Thank you all! Appreciate all the kind words. :o)God bless.

    ReplyDelete