Monday, June 20, 2011

Dear Lizzie... (15)

Dear Lizzie,
Last week I hung a tire swing on the tree outside the shop. I am assuming you have no idea what this is. I suppose that during the brief part of your life that cars were around, that there weren't many spare tires available. We have them in abundance now, and making swings out of them has been popular for decades.
Silas, my third born, rides with glee. The muscles in his brown back ripple, but it's soft and smooth, betraying his tender age.
Work has stalled on the house for now. We plan to start soon in earnest, once we get some things accomplished.
The place has this timeless sense of old peace about it - back in the dappled shadows and hidden recesses. I am eager to spend early summer mornings there.
Stop by any time. I'll make tea, and we can chat.

Yours Truly,
Charity

0 comments:

Post a Comment