Thursday, June 30, 2011

OH! We are here....a year later...

Hey all. It's been a busy week, and I haven't posted since last Friday. Here comes a boring, sort of housekeeping post. Gotta keep you all up to date on the reality show quality of my life. ;o)
So, it's been just over a year since we moved back to Kansas from Tennessee. Last summer we started a remodel/renovate/rehab project on the house my grandmother had been living in. It's been in the family since the early 1870's. Well. We're still going on the project. In all fairness we did not start in earnest until last January. Between budget, time, and logistics of 140 year old houses, it's taken a bit longer than we thought.
Nothing about the house itself is plumb, straight, square, or level. We have done all those things to elements in the house, and there are quite a few tricks that get played on the eyes now. It's a fun house of sorts, we like to think.
My sweet grandmother moves into my dad's house next week. We are still here. It is a three bedroom, one bathroom house. Grandma needs peace, I have three boys. Grandma likes to know what's going on. Who here knows what's going on?
Anyway, this is an adventure for sure. Our goal is to get into that house as soon as we can. Well, that's been the goal all along, we now just have new urgency. We are waiting for a car to sell the get the funds to finish. We have not taken any loans to do this, just worked when the money was there.
Once we get in I will post some pics. I can't even tell you how excited I am to get my own space again. Mulit-generational living has been.... interesting. Especially for this long.
I think Frank and Lizzie would approve. Grandma loves it, but, bless her heart, I don't think she remembers it before. Sigh.
OK all. That is it for the boring catch up post. I'll try to do something fun tomorrow. More fun that laying laminate floor - which is my job for today.

0 comments:

Post a Comment