Thursday, June 23, 2011

I'm re-posting - for the first time. I was changing a few settings on my Facebook account, and went back to read my notes. It was cool to read this one. Especially now that we are over two years out from Chris' chemo. Hindsight is an amazing tool to see what God has done. Even if you don't know where you are going, it does you good to see where you have come from. 
~Charity




December 31st, 2009
Yes, it is the last day of the year. Only because we will start 2010 tomorrow. However, I don't really have anything significant attatched to January 1st. Most New Years come and go for me without much hoorah. I am going to mark a new year next spring. The end of Chris' chemo. Then I feel like I can maybe make a new start.
A lot has happened to the Fontaine family in 2009. Here is a rundown:
~We found out we were expecting child # 4 - unexpectedly.
~We found out Chris has cancer.
~We went through a grueling process to find out what kind of cancer Chris had, and then what needed to be done to treat it.
~We found out baby #4 was a girl!! Finally!!! :o)
~Chris started chemo in May.
~We began to see the body of Christ in action in a way we never dreamed could happen.
~We found out I was having pre-term labor, and needed to "take it easy." Sure, no problem.
~We realized how help was always close at hand.
~We put our house up for sale. It was rough. We loved where we lived. It sold in two months.
~We had to move. I hated it.
~We had to move. We had almost more help than we needed! Got it done in less than a day.
~We had a benefit concert for our family. Crazy huge. Crazy successful. God is big.
~We saw help, support, and friendships increase.
~Sweet baby Claire arrived!!!!!!!!
~I found out I am really weak.
~I found out I am amazingly strong.
~I realized I was strongest when I told God I was weak, and gave Him control.
~I gained a new respect for single parents. I know I don't want to be one.
~I had to learn what "in sickness and in health" meant. For real.
~We are learning to live below where we want to be in a lot of ways. They say this builds character. I think you have to work at it. I don't belive it is default mode during crisis.
~Last September I admitted to a group of women a fear I had. I found out that fear would not come true. I am closer to God, and He is closer to me.
~Every day is an unknown. It was that way before, but it just slaps me upside the head now.
~God hasn't changed through any of it. 




0 comments:

Post a Comment