Saturday, November 20, 2010

Wow.  What a week.  One grandmother fell and broke her hip, made it through surgery, and now is in rehab.  She became very confused and it was a hard thing to see.  She is slowly on the mend, but at 94 years of age mending does not come easily.  Today is her birthday.  I wish so much she could have celebrated at home.  My other grandma got herself a trip to the ICU due to some chest pain and nearly passing out at work.  One heart cath later and two days in the hospital have her home as well.  She will continue to medically manage the small blockages she has.  She just has to remember to take her meds and take them correctly. Yesterday Chris and I had our feelings hurt by someone, and Chris is having a hard time recovering. I miss my friends in Tennessee so much, because, well, they wouldn't do anything like that.  I ache for his pain, and am frustrated that we don't have the answers it seems we need to do anything about the situation. And today.  Today our little dog of 8 years ran in front of a truck and went the way of all the earth.  The boys were there and saw it, and I was the one who had to squat next to his damaged little body till he breathed his last.  I really don't want to go into the whole story, but as I type this my eyes still burn from the tears.  A lot of tears for him, but just as many for the sweet little hearts that broke today. The boys have never lost a dog.  They are torn and broken now.  Silas said, "I just can't breathe with a broken heart!"
As we held hands in a circle around Toby's grave today the tears took over when I saw the raw pain on the children's faces.  It is hard to see them so fragile and vulnerable. 
RIP, little guy.  Thanks for being our watchdog, protector, and friend.  We are grateful for your loyalty.

0 comments:

Post a Comment