Tuesday, October 19, 2010

I've got a dark cloud hanging around as of late.  It is really annoying.  I have been bearing its weight stubbornly but my knees are starting to buckle.  Things are changing again.  We are back from vacation and back to "real" life.  I started the process that will ultimately have me back to working outside the home.  We need to start in earnest the things that will get us into our own house.  The holidays are lurking around the corner.  These things swirl in my mind as we are less than two months from Chris' next CT scan.  I read recently in a devotional about how we are occasionally removed from things so we will be drawn more to God.  Admittedly, without my beloved friends who are now hours away, I am finding my "bring it on" attitude is exploring its softer side.  While I actually look forward to being more forcibly directed into God's arms, I cringe a bit at what it might mean I will have to deal with in the future.
I can tell how hard headed I am as this headache pounds against its sturdy prison.  More things to learn and relearn.  Necessity is the razor that is able to split need and want.  I just need to wield it with steady hands.

0 comments:

Post a Comment