Monday, October 25, 2010

Dear Lizzie...

Dear Lizzie,
I am sitting in your house again today.  I think of you almost every time I am here.  I really wish I could have met you.  When I am here I often wonder what you would think of what I am doing.  I wonder if you would approve, disapprove, or just be confused.
I know I have a bit of your blood in my veins.  I am fascinated by your life, and am thankful that I know as much as I do about it.  I appreciate the hard work you did for your family, the love and devotion you had for your friends and church, and that you were honest.  I take great solace knowing that God was your foundation and focus.
I think you set the bar quite high.  I have a lot of work in my life to get to where I would not be embarrassed to show it to you.  Knowing I will soon occupy your space makes me want to be a better person.
I wish I could ask you about your struggles as a mom, wife, Christian, and survivor.  It would be so great to hear your answers.  I suppose I can deduce some of the answers from the snatches of journal we have.  For the rest, I will just have to wait till the someday we meet up.

Yours Truly,
Charity

0 comments:

Post a Comment