Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Brief Intro to the New Adventure

Well folks, it seems we shall be re-purposing a farm house built in 1871.  Not what I had in mind when we moved back to Kansas.   I always wish I could somehow see God's facial expression when He slips the unexpected curve ball in.  I can almost hear Him say, "You didn't see that coming, huh?!?"  The circumstances around this adventure are complex and emotional, so I won't go into those now.  The house still belongs to my grandmother.  It was originally inhabited by my great-great grandfather and grandmother, Franklin and Elizabeth Ayres.  I affectionately refer to them as Frank and Lizzie.  They were some pretty amazing people and I am excited to live where they have trod.  There will be some demo work and remodeling to an extent.  We are juggling aesthetics, safety, and budget.  It will be all very interesting to say the least.  Stay tuned for pictures and updates.  Oh, and wish us luck and feel free to whisper some prayers.  I am sure we will need them.

2 comments:

  1. I think I would like remodeling an old house... sounds like a lot of fun and a lot of hard work! Good luck and God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's going to be a wonderful adventure for you guys. It's a lovely house - full of lots of love just waiting to be loved some more !

    ReplyDelete