Friday, September 16, 2011

Smiles in HIndsight


Here they are.... hiding up inside all the turmoil and stress, bad days, and lectures to self. The things that make you smile. Not smile at the time, but smile later, when they hit you out of the blue. You remember them, remember that you didn't give them enough time at the time.

Her little body sprawls by mine, having found my hand around five in the morning. It's cold, but she gets mad when blankets are on her feet. It's now seven, and he is leaving for work.
"Bye. I love you."
"Bye. Love you too."
"Love you too, mom."
Her little voice takes me off guard - she has said it in her sleep!  He laughs, but I roll over trying to catch a few more minutes.

What got us all into trouble in the first place was the inability to be content. Sure there were other things, but didn't it boil down to that?

Wishing you an unexpected smile today. I will be working on remembering more of mine.

0 comments:

Post a Comment