Friday, March 4, 2011

Coming up Blank...

I am looking for the right card, but this is hard, awkward. She is dying of cancer, but she has been so faithful to pray for us - never stops giving thanks for our miracle. She doesn't complain, but continues to give thanks to God for what He has done, what He does, what He will do. She apologizes for not being able to get the prayer sheet out - she is dying. Apologize?
We have not met in person. She knew of us due to someone else spreading the word, asking for prayer. She picked up the vigil and hasn't stopped though we are now 12 hours away and probably won't meet until we can clasp hands before the Savior together.
She is dying, but couldn't be more full of life. That close to death you have a better handle on what living really is.
I am looking for just the right card. Really?!? Is this all there is to offer?

Blank? No message? No kind words or comforting sayings? How can I lift her spirits with a blank page, sterile of sentiment and warmth?
I give up, frustrated. Seriously, I wish I could be paid to write these cards. What is here is junk, and what I need is missing. Where are the cards for the real world?
I remember. I never really read the swirly font or well crafted little poems on the cards we received. I read the penned portions of hearts that were there. 
I have the kids draw some pictures, and I scrawl down my small piece of hurting heart.
Say what's in your heart for the hurting ones. But don't sell them short. They can be more full of life and purpose than you would ever know.


0 comments:

Post a Comment