Friday, February 25, 2011

Dear Lizzie... (12)

Dear Lizzie,
Light streams in through familiar windows. The planks of wood you knew so well have quietly laid in state with various degrees of covering. Now, after years of waiting they soak up light and warming rays. It's beautiful, Lizzie. I'm smiling at it as I picture you crossing the threshold hundreds of times. The light looked just this way, too. I am seeing it as you saw it. Your eyes viewed out the same window. While not the same view, I am reveling in the shared experiences.
Something that was just common and practical for you, these floors. I have the luxury of viewing them along with their history and age - therefore they fascinate me.
I will be covering them back up again. But I will know they are there, safe and protected. Even though the light will fall on a new surface it will be it's old shape and I will be reminded.

Yours Truly,
Charity


0 comments:

Post a Comment